In September and October ALLA is running a photo competition on Flickr. ALLA members will take photographs of law librarians being social at work, in meetings, teaching and training just doing what we do daily. The photos just have to reflect our theme, Law Librarians Being Social.
We encourage you to be creative and capture the law librarians being social, collaborating, linking the workforce and building value in your workplace. Winners will be recognised in ALLA publications and receive recognition on the ALLA website and receive a prize.
When: October 2013 all photos must be submitted by 31st October on Flickr or email.
Prizes: There are several prizes.
- National: The best photo as chosen by the our judge(s), will receive a $150 gift voucher and;
- State divisional prizes: Best and Most Humorous.
How: Enter your photo online to the Flickr Group http://www.flickr.com/groups/lawlibsocial/.
Give your photo a title
Put your name
The photographer’s name
A brief description of the photo, date time and location.
Or simply email your photo to, Competition.email@example.com and we will load it up with the above details.
Please email this consent form to firstname.lastname@example.org of identifiable people included in any photograph.
COPYRIGHT: By submitting an entry, applicants grant permission to ALLA rights to publish in ALLA publications. We will give you credit for the photos.
1) Only ALLA members may submit entries for the contest. Members of the 2013-2014 ALLA state executive committees and the National Board are not eligible for the contest but may submit photos.
2) All entries must be submitted online through Flickr or email by midnight 31 October 2013. Winners as chosen by our judges will be announced at the 2013 ALLA Conference and on the ALLA listserve a week later. You can enter a maximum of six photos.
3) When taking pictures with a digital camera, make sure that the camera is set at a high resolution and the largest photo size possible. Electronic entries should be submitted to the NSWALLA Flickr group.