The Australian Catholic University (ACU) is seeking a Liaison Librarian (Law). Details of the position are below.
Liaison Librarian (Law)
- Full time, continuing appointment based in North Sydney
- Design and implement a range of library services
- Act as the primary library contact for law academic staff and students
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 1,800 staff supporting more than 30,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
ACU’s libraries are well regarded within the University and are seen as key contributors to the University’s success. The directorate has a strong client focus with a commitment to delivering the same level of services, facilities and collections regardless of the client’s geographical location (including online).
As the Liaison Librarian, you will design, develop and implement a range of Library services in support of the Thomas More Academy of Law.
Specifically, you will:
- facilitate the use of the library and its resources to support teaching, learning and research
- be responsible for the initial development and delivery of legal research training programs
- ensure that the Law collection is relevant, up-to-date and that appropriate access is set in place.
You will need to demonstrate:
- tertiary qualifications in Library Science or Information Management, conferring eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- substantial relevant library experience delivering library information services
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- knowledge and practice of Information literacy/Legal research training.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description Liaison Librarian (Law).pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the “Apply” link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $93,438 – $101,126 pa, including salary component $78,956 – $85,453 pa (HEW Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Sam Hou, Campus Librarian on (02) 9739 2986.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications Close: Sunday 6 September 2015